In a nutshell, here's how the affiliate business online opportunity works:
1. Make a list of topics you're interested in, or have special knowledge of. This might be a hobby or vocation you pursue, like gardening, or travel, or even juggling. In my case this was growing and eating great food.
2. Use keyword search tools to find keywords that people will use to find your site in the search engines. I use a tool called Brainstorm It! which is part of the SBI! suite of tools
3. Research online to find legitimate, well-paying affiliate programs related to your site concept. This is not a one-time thing, Affiliate programs tend to disappear over time, so you may have to keep finding new on-line affiliate opportunities. I've been an SBI! affiliate for more than a decade, though. They seem pretty stable.
4. Choose your domain name to reflect the theme of your site. Hence new-terra-natural-food.com was my choice.
5. Write content (informative articles about your theme) and post to your website. Insert your affiliate links in appropriate places in your articles. I've got more than 200 pages of free content on this site, some of which promote my books and courses and some which promote my affiliate partners.
6. Keep adding content and adjusting your affiliate program mix as you gain experience. You don't get there overnight, you get there over time.
The good news is, you don't need to be a programmer to build a working website. As I mentioned, I now use an all-in-one website building and hosting package called SoloBuildIt!
After trying any number of other companies, this is the one I settled on. They offer an unconditional 90-day guarantee, so you can try it risk-free.
New for 2020: Download my free report explaining in (non-technical) terms how to build a working website that 'gets the clicks' and can actually create another income stream for you.
Enter your email address and '7 Secrets of a Successful Website' will be sent to you right away.
May 06, 22 04:53 AM
Start-up, market and manage a successful organic market garden with my Bootstrap Market Gardening Book
Apr 16, 22 05:19 AM
If you have a hankerin' for country living, my best value Homesteader Book Bundle is a great resouirce.
Mar 20, 22 09:40 AM
Where would you find the water to water the vegetables and 3/4 of an acre? Would you have to dig a well? With no electricity and no running water near